POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Progam for rendering colour DXF : Re: Progam for rendering colour DXF Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progam for rendering colour DXF
From: Dieter Gaffrey
Date: 28 Mar 2000 05:15:27
Message: <38E08634.E8295EA9@ufobi6.uni-forst.gwdg.de>
Hi Ken,

> Yes it does. File menu -> export -> file format choose .3ds.

Your are absolutely right!

> Anyway you might want to take a look at wcvt2pov or maybe crossroads

You, too, say that crossroads supports colour.
Well, obviouly not of dxf-files. And, it needed several minutes to load my 1.4 MB
dxf-file.

With 3DS-files, now, loading time is much better, but no colour information used,
too.

I tried 3DWIN (colour in dxf definitely not supported), and my ACAD generated
3DS-files have no mesh information which is neede.

WCVT2POV, I don't know it. Next trial.  :-) or :-( ?

Dieter